windows xp

hunted 20:40 20 Dec 05

Can you tell me how i can check on the system as to who has been browsing which topics on the net after it has been deleted from history

GaT7 20:52 20 Dec 05

BHV is good & works with IE, Firefox & Opera click here. G

GaT7 20:55 20 Dec 05

Note that if the users are wise enough, they can delete their Internet history before you have a chance to use BHV. G

GaT7 21:22 20 Dec 05

Btw, 'manual' deletion will not entirely delete/hide Internet history, but using something like CCleaner (click here) will do so. G

GaT7 23:15 22 Dec 05

From email - "Thanks for your advice regarding installing ccleaner. Is there nothing on the xp system that will allow a person to check net browsing without any outside installations? And also since i get to go on the pc in the evening i find the history all deleted."

No, there's nothing built into XP that'll allow one to do so. (Also, ignore BHV - I don't think it's meant for Windows!)

As already stated, unless someone has used a program like CCleaner, IE history is still retrieveable. Programs like IEHistoryView (IEHV) click here & Computer History Viewer (CHV) click here will reveal this 'hidden' info. Neither requires installation - just run the executable (IEHV's executable needs to be extracted first). They can also be run off a floppy/CD/USB memory stick/etc so won't be readily 'visible' to the other PCs users.

If you want something more fancy, try Index.dat Suite click here. This needs to be installed prior to use. G

PS - Please post your reply to this thread by typing in the 'Message' box below & pressing the 'Post Response' button. This way everyone can see how the thread is progressing & can offer additional help : )

GaT7 23:30 22 Dec 05

If you use Firefox as your browser try the free Mozilla History Viewer click here (<--translated link), though it seems everything is in Austrian/German!?

All the programs suggested so far are completely free. I'm sure there are superior commercial tools out there if you're willing to pay. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…