Windows Xp

phizzle 17:09 29 Oct 05

i have installed windows service pack2 but i want to install windows xp pro without removing anything except the current operating sytem but it says that the version on the disc is older than the one on the computer.

VoG II 17:18 29 Oct 05

Why have you started a new thread for exactly the same problem click here

Diemmess 17:22 29 Oct 05

>the version on the disc is older than the one on the computer.<

This is probably true since you installed SP2. I think you have to uninstall SP2 and then try XP Pro. I assume you are starting with the Home edition installed?

MMN DESIGN 21:59 07 Jan 06

I have 43 services present on my computer. At this point in time my computer does boot rather quickly after making an adjustment to the prefetch in the registry editor from 3 to 2. I would like to hear anybodys opinion on what services are not really required to run. Thank-you all for both your time and patience in this matter.

Respectfully......Mark

MMN DESIGN 22:01 07 Jan 06

I'm sorry, For whatever reason I thought I was posting a new Subject

Sorry about that

Mark

Stuartli 22:02 07 Jan 06

You are taking over someone else's thread and would be much better starting your own.

However, a full list of XP's Services and which to Enbable, Disable or leave as Manual can be found at the excellent and respected Black Viper website:

click here

Stuartli 22:07 07 Jan 06

The workings of XP's Prefetch can be found here;

click here#

If you delete them they will build up again.

MMN DESIGN 22:42 07 Jan 06

Thanks stuartli......
Again my apologies for the mishap.

Kids and all

Happy New Year

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…