Windows xp 2 programs keep freezing on desktop

boysie 15:56 13 Aug 05

Windows xp version 2

Sometimes when I click on different programs the hour glass just stays there just seems frozen! I have got loads of stuff on my computer would it be quicker to format my pc than spend loads of time trying to find the problem! I've been running bug software and registry programs I wonder if they have caused the problems.. I can't even use my original windows xp disc now that I have upgraded to version 2 thanks for any advice..

stalion 16:04 13 Aug 05

I gather you have loaded sp2 try a clean up with this click here

boysie 16:15 13 Aug 05

Thanks for your input
I've tried ccleaner which is good and many other good utility software! i wonder if some dll files are missing or share drivers! where do I start! Mmm

stalion 16:21 13 Aug 05

go to run type sfc /scannow and let windows chaeck it's files note the space between c and /

boysie 16:37 13 Aug 05

I did run sfc from previous postings, I'm now re-installing xp sp2 to se if that helps.. many thanks..

I've probally got to many spy sweeper programs running!! four at the last count mmmm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…