Windows XP

brambles 21:02 15 Dec 03

I have almost satisfactoriy upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP. I have resolved a lot of problems along the way - which I expected after seeing the list of non-conforming items it produced after the installation.

Now only the following item remains to be resolved & I can then enjoy my Christmas.

When I click on the BTOpenworld icon to dial up the Internet I am presented with a dialup box which I always have to enter my password - even though instructing it to save. Then when the dialing operation goes through I am left with the 'White CAN'T DISPLAY Page'

Now if I close Zone Alarm down & click on the Internet Explorer icon I get a proper dialup box with my password alreday saved within it & I go correctly onto the BTOpenworld Home Page as I want to.

I have previously removed Zone Alarm & downloaded the latest version but it doesn't help - i still have to close it down to access the Internet.

Brambles

LastChip 21:25 15 Dec 03

Have you turned off XP's built in firewall. It and ZA do not play well together!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…