windows xp

HAZYHEATHER 22:53 14 Dec 03

I installed windows xp home edition just over 30 days ago and have not been using the pc. i turned it on tonight and its asking me to activate my product. The problem is i say yes to activate it and it loges me off.I went to go find my windows xp cd rom but it is no where to be found i had a little clean out the other day there and must have thrown it out. Can you please advise me what to do.

Jester2K II 22:55 14 Dec 03

Can youm confirm the EXACT message to which you are saying YES to??

HAZYHEATHER 23:01 14 Dec 03

this copy of windows must be activated before you log on do u want to activate it now yes or no. I say yes and it logged me out

ahales42 23:03 14 Dec 03

activate it over the phone. if you have a legitamite copy they will be only too happy to help.

ahales42 23:05 14 Dec 03

you have a pirate copy. otherwise you would have the activation number. sorry, but if you want help get a proper prog.

ahales42 23:12 14 Dec 03

after all, if you`ve just paid over a hundred pound for a cd you ain`t going to throw it out. nice try though.

hugh-265156 23:23 14 Dec 03

and you know that for sure yeah?

HAZYHEATHER,as jester rightly says,give MS a call and you will find them very helpful.

may be a good idea when you get it activated to purchase drive image or acronis true image and make a image of your hard drive.as you have lost the windows disc this will always be a back up when things go badly wrong.

click here

click here

VoG II 23:32 14 Dec 03

Most amusing.

Sorry if we got this wrong.

ahales42 23:34 14 Dec 03

oh come on now huggy. where is your xp disk. i bet you could put your hands on it right now. i know i can. doing a little spring cleaning and you throw your xp disc out? aye right!

ahales42 23:37 14 Dec 03

huggy. i said give microsoft a call. not jesper. he has seen the obvious and got right out of here.

Jester2K II 23:43 14 Dec 03

Who's jesper?

Anyway HAZYHEATHER if you are still with us hopefully someone will come along with the Activation number.

Sadly you've exceeded the 30 day limit for a non-activated copy of XP and as it says you need to activate BEFORE you can log in - hence it logs you out again...

I believe in the message there should be a phone number?

Or perhaps someone here can provide one?

I do see ahales42's point but i'm trying to stop being so judgemental as i have been in the past. (had a bad month and innocent bystanders where caught in the cross fire - Cross? I was livid!!!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…