Windows XP

Jazzman101 19:58 14 Aug 03

Hi I have Windows XP Home Edition and I need to know if it is a 32 or 64 bit Edition can anyone please help!!!!! and also please tell me how you can tell or find out on my own computer Thanks.

Jester2K II 20:00 14 Aug 03

32 bit - 64 bit has not been released.

jazzypop 20:07 14 Aug 03

MS do not have a 64bit version of XP Home, only XP Professional.

See click here for a list of features that are not in the 64-bit version - if you have any of these features, you definitely have a 32-bit version of XP

Jester2K II 20:12 14 Aug 03

"Windows XP 64-Bit Edition" is its own OS.

Not "Windows XP Professional 64 Bit Edition"

Just "Windows XP 64-Bit Edition"

"Windows XP 64-Bit Edition supports the latest class of Intel Itanium processors designed for users who need to create and manipulate large amounts of complex data. The high performance of the Intel Itanium processor is targeted toward high-end workstation applications such as large database management, data mining, computer-aided engineering, digital content creation, and scientific and engineering computing. Itanium-based computers running Windows XP 64-Bit Edition can support up to 16 terabytes of virtual memory and up to 16 gigabytes (GB) of physical memory.".

jazzypop 20:23 14 Aug 03

Thanks for the correction. Sloppy typing on my part - I stand (sit?) corrected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…