windows wont start

Liza 14:55 08 Sep 08

My windows xp sp2 does not log on instead after going through normal starting finishes off with a screen with a lemon background and black vertical lines like pin stripe. I tried to get into safe mode or start with cd rom but failed. When I disabled my primary drive and tried safe mode all it did was give me a start normally screen. I am wondering if its the lcd screen now 4 years old. I know its not a virus because I have just installed a 2008 norton system works and it was running ok. I was thinking of installing vista but looks like I will have to abansdon the idea and get a new drive for vista. Can anyone help please. Liza

johndrew 15:23 08 Sep 08

I doubt if it is the monitor as you get a response when you disable your primary drive. It may be your graphics card. You can try re-seating the card in its slot and make certain all connections are good.

It may also be a memory problem, but this is harder to diagnose. Try the above and let us know how you get on.

birdface 17:08 08 Sep 08

Sounds like a graphics problem.Just installed Norton.I suppose that could be the problem.can you try another monitor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…