Windows wont open exe. ink. reg. or com. files

richiestyles 20:57 06 Nov 05

Im hoping you can help me. I woke up one day and my xp wont run any exe. files I went on the net for hours. ive tried regedit in command prompt, rebooting in safemode from a restore point, formating, and rebooting from disk. nothing works
the only way i can run programs is right click and open with.. or I have to trick them. and yes ive tried virus,adaware,and spyware scans. please help its frustrating !!! thnx

VoG II 20:59 06 Nov 05
  woodchip 21:01 06 Nov 05

You need to run SFC /SCANNOW with XP disc in comp

richiestyles 21:03 06 Nov 05

sorry im new with comps what is scf/scannow

richiestyles 21:05 06 Nov 05

Thanks for the response VoG but bin there done that

VoG II 21:11 06 Nov 05
  richiestyles 21:22 06 Nov 05

sfc / scannow wont run says sfc.exe doesnt know what ceated it, choose program on internet or from list?

woodchip 21:29 06 Nov 05

Try going to Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore. restore a old date these are in bold text

richiestyles 21:48 06 Nov 05

Programs in all progams are blank like windows cant read them. and in command prompt(safemode)(the only way i can get to command prompt)it says rstrui.exe cannot run

richiestyles 21:51 06 Nov 05

When i try to boot from cd the options come up but when i click on instal xp it does nothing .my comp doesnt even respond.

richiestyles 21:53 06 Nov 05

can i boot the cd in safemode command prompt if so how?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…