windows wont load

sittingduck 22:02 08 Aug 06

I have just had a new rig built, but when I try and start it up I get an error message, it is just 4 letters like MDLS (or something like that) cant be found, this is a fresh install of windows xp pro, I know its not a lot of info but as any one got any idea what I'm on about? From what ive been told now its a scrip that starts up windows.

I cant remeber off hand what mobo has been used but the HDD is a SATA 2

VoG II 22:05 08 Aug 06

We need the exact error message, not a guess.

sittingduck 22:31 08 Aug 06

The pc in in the shop and it has kinda stumped everyone, I only posted here on the off chance that someone may have had this error before, and they new what I was on about, If I had the exact message I would have put it down but thanks anyway.

bazb 23:13 08 Aug 06

Is this the message

NTLDR Is Missing

If so try doing a search on the Microsoft site.

click here

ed-0 23:28 08 Aug 06
  ed-0 23:30 08 Aug 06
  sittingduck 23:46 08 Aug 06

Thanks bazb thats the error i get. so why the hell cant a pc shop that builds pc's get the sata to work then?

After reading up on this it should not be too hard to sort out

sittingduck 00:39 09 Aug 06

well I have messed up big time, I have 2 sata drives one blank and one with all my stuff on, and I have brought my blank drive home ad left the one with all my files in the pc. By now the drive will have been formatted and xp pro installed, any way I can recover my stuff without affected the windows xp pro?

Gaz 25 02:14 09 Aug 06

A boot cd?

Gaz 25 02:16 09 Aug 06

It's possible that in the BIOS the drive is set to SATA RAID and not SATA IDE mode.

Sounds confusing, but if your using the raid mode, which is the default, without drivers SATA will not work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…