Windows Won't Load

Fullywired 13:29 15 Jan 05

hiya!
[email protected] having afew problems loading windows onto an an old PC. the PC in question is an old pentium 3 450mhz (@ 600Mhz) with 128Mb of ram and a 6Gb Hard Drive. i have tries 3 versions of windows and each gives me a different error!!

on Windows 98 SE: the scandisk is running and then it stops at 99% and at the top in light blue text reads:
Run Time error M6111: MATH
- Floating Point error: Stack underflow

and then the PC just freezes.

on Windows ME: the scandisk runs all the way through and stops at "copying the nescesarry files to install windows..." and then it either freezes or goes back to the E:\> prompt!

Windows XP Pro: boots perfectly and then the grey bar at the bottom says: "setup is loading files" and then says in the main screen:
File \ntkrnlmp.exe Could Not Be loaded.
The Error Code Is 7.

at first i thought it was the CD drive playing up but i tried it with my NEC 1300A DVD RW and i got the same results! then i switched the Hard Drive and still the same results!!

any help is much appreciated!

Regards

Fullywired

rawprawn 13:36 15 Jan 05

click here I'm not sure this is your problem but it's worth looking at

Diodorus Siculus 13:37 15 Jan 05

Could be a faulty memory chip. Do you have one or more to swap around?

Fullywired 16:11 15 Jan 05

well many thanks to both of you but im afraid the Knowledge base question applies only to Windows NT 3.** and i currently have no SDRAM to swap as I use only DDR in my PC so i'm still in the same situation!! i thought it could be to do with the overclock but it didn't install even at 450Mhz!!!

Regards

Fullywired!

JonnyTub 16:25 15 Jan 05

you have a bad memory chip or incorrectly setup bios... read on: click here

Fullywired 16:54 15 Jan 05

Thank you JonnyTub!! i will try this as soon as i can, i have printed that page for reference and will attempt to reset the BIOS, i do not have any RAM but i will have by thurdsay!!

Regards

Fullywired

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…