windows wont load

Ping Pong 09:52 19 Apr 04

I bought a new mother board (MSI 848P NEO) and try as I might I cannot get any version of windows to install. Every time I try to load it stops and the screen announces that a file has not loaded and asks me to retry or skip. If I retry to load nothing happens. It cant be dirty discs because I have used all of them several times before. I have windows XP home,XP pro, 2000 pro, 98 and ME. The results are the same regardless. I have managed to get 2000 loaded albeit minus files which wont allow me to install drivers etc. I have four cd/dvd rom drives to choose from and I have tried them all.

any suggestions at this stage would be appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 09:58 19 Apr 04

I read of something similar in PCPro this month; turned out to be two sticks of memory which would not work together, unlikely as that may seem to be.

Can you try a different memory chip?

Pyrosoft 10:17 19 Apr 04

I have had this exact same problem before. All I did was to choose ignore, then when it asked for the file much later on in the instilation is said please put in a path for it.
Then just browse to the correct folder and continue. (the files were there, I am not sure why they werent being seen at first though).
Might not be the same problem as me, but try it anyway.

Ping Pong 14:56 22 Apr 04

The issue thus far has been resolved. Now the graphics card has stopped responding. Will investigate further.

Thanks for your help.

BTW. It was down to the memory

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…