Windows Wireless service

Bestselling Author 13:56 20 Sep 07

I have a Vista machine and have recently set up a wireless router. Everything works fine except when I first switch the machine on. My computer never starts the windows wireless service automatically. I have to 'detect and repair' and then I'm given the option to 'Start Windows Wireless Service'.

I get the feeling there's a checkbox somewhere that needs ticking or unticking, but I can't find anything anywhere. Anyone got any ideas? (The router is the BT HomeHub, so that's switched on permanently).

Technotiger 14:10 20 Sep 07

Go to Start>Run then type in "services.msc" without the quotes, then scroll down to Wireless Zero Configeration and check its state.

Bestselling Author 14:29 20 Sep 07

I don't have "Wireless Zero Configuration" listed as an option under services.msc, but could that be because I'm up and running fine now? Should I run services.msc as soon as I've booted up and the Wireless Service hasn't started?

Technotiger 14:34 20 Sep 07

Further info/action ...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…