windows will not load

aboutit 14:10 04 Jan 08

I had to reformat my sony vaio VGC-M1 desktop but I only did it with the XP disc not sony recovery discs. I have now decided to try and bring the computer to its original state with the sony recovdery discs. I started the disc 1 which after a while gave the message recovery complete please remove disc and click ok the computer will then restart and instruct to load windows. the machine restarted but the message came error start normal,last known good etc. I tried normal and last known good but neither worked . I then tried safe mode and got the message windows set up is not complete. Can anyone help please

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:39 04 Jan 08

Run the recovery disks again and retry.

aboutit 14:43 04 Jan 08

tried 3 times and have the same message each time

xania 14:55 04 Jan 08

You could have a damaged recovery disk. Try downloading a fresh one from

click here

aboutit 14:57 04 Jan 08

this is a new one already tried another

xania 15:17 04 Jan 08

Has anything been changed in the PC configuration - new DVD, HDD, mobo, monitor, printer, scanner? If so, the restore disk may not function and you will need to install a new version of Windows - and, of course, then you may not have all the drivers you need. But you might get away with using your XP disc to run a repair of your installed system.

aboutit 15:20 04 Jan 08

if i try xp repair it wants my admin password which i don`t know.have tried leaving blank,and putting admin and user but none will be accepted

aboutit 11:44 11 Jan 08

any further help please. Obtained new recovery disc same again the programme installs then says remove disc click ok on restart windows will be installed. ,but on restart i get the message recovered from serious error and windows will not install. Then I reinstalled windows from my windows disc and that installed ok but will not install the sony mpeg encoder board from drivers. I`ve run a driver scan but the only upgrade offered is from the US and this is not compatible with my machine VGC-M1.The pc starts ok but without the encoder board I do not have the sony programmes I want. Rang Sony but no help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:49 11 Jan 08
  aboutit 15:45 11 Jan 08

these are the original M1 Drivers wghich I haveeady downloadeed. They all work excepo sony mpeg encoder. IU receive the message new hardware found when it tries to doiwnload the driver i receive the mnessage smrt fyile nneeded this is with the driver download but when i try to install I receive messagfe weitrher: insert sony corp media driver disc, or this device is not compatible with this platform

aboutit 14:00 20 Jan 08

I would still appreciate any help with this problem. Insert sony recovery disc reformat C recommended recovery completes then asks for removal of disc so that on restart windows can load. On restart I get the message error re start safe mode etc, non will work. When I try to start Windows XP I receive the message windows set up did not complete.This mean that I cannot install the items needed from my Sony recovery disc.If I just install windows from my XP disc I don`t have any problems but of course as I said no Sony just a normal XP Machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…