Windows Volume Control

gcha2 19:25 14 Dec 05

I have a problem!
I cannot get a sound card to produce any sound from a music CD. The cd drive is working ok and the tracks show and appear to be playing in Media Player but no sound!. I suspect that the Volume Control is set to mute but when I try to access it from Accessories,Entertainment nothing happens - all other options work OK. Any suggestions.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:29 14 Dec 05

Sound setup
click here

Audeal 19:33 14 Dec 05

Try clicking on the speaker icon next to the clock to check if it is muted. If it not muted then click on > Options > Properties. Select Recording and make sure "Line In" is ticked then click OK and put a tick in the select box under "Line In"

gcha2 18:44 15 Dec 05

For Audeal

Unfortunately there is no speaker icon on which to click?

gcha2 18:47 15 Dec 05

For Fruit Bat /\0/
I have printed out your link and will work through it and let ytou know the result

Hamish 18:53 15 Dec 05

Look in start - settings - control panel - sounds and audio and see if that helps

eedcam 19:00 15 Dec 05

If you click on your Sound card/sounds and audio devices you should be able to access the volume control you are saying you do get sound from other sources

Wak 19:08 15 Dec 05

Hi, It's possible that the volume control isn't even loaded!!!
Go in to Control Panel/ Add, Remove Programs/ Windows Setup tab/ Multimedia/ and put a tick in Volume control.
You will need your Windows CD for this.
Hth.

Wak 19:10 15 Dec 05

PS. the above refers to win 98SE but win XP should be very similar.

Stuartli 19:23 15 Dec 05

Windows Media Player itself has a Mute button...:-)

gcha2 17:44 07 Jan 06

Hi All

Thank you for your responses. I've been away for a while and not yet caught up with the problem again. I should have mentioned that the OS is Win98. I have already worked through some of the suggestions without success. I will come back later

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…