Windows Vista/7 compatibility.

fedex1969 04 Jan 12

I'm soon to be buying a new pc. My existing is running windows vista. If my new pc has windows 7, will it recognise files, photos, etc., saved in windows vista when I transfer them? Any advice much appreciated.

chub_tor 04 Jan 12

I think the simple answer is Yes. Windows 7 is a much more refined version of Vista and photos, documents etc. will be recognised after they are transferred but of course you will need to install the associated programmes.

sharpamat 04 Jan 12

chub-tor is correct the answer is yes http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/help/videos/transferring-files-and-settings-from-another-pc Here is how from the microsoft website

fedex1969 04 Jan 12

Many thanks guys. The wife would smack me into next week if I lose all the family photos. ;-/

hastelloy 05 Jan 12

"The wife would smack me into next week if I lose all the family photos"

Do you have a back-up or are you just hoping that the HDD will never crash?

fedex1969 05 Jan 12

All taken care of. External HDD and good old compact disc.

hastelloy 06 Jan 12

External HDD is fine - CDs and DVDs degrade over time (sometimes only a couple of years).

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message