Windows Vista Updates

David170 17:28 26 Dec 07

My computer will not allow me to update,it says Failed when i try the latest updates, it could be connected to my downloading and installing problems. Does anyone have any help, much appritiated.

Taff™ 17:39 26 Dec 07

Post back with specific update error messages but if this is a new computer just take the urgent updates first. Reboot and then download and install the optional ones. Reboot again.

David170 17:49 26 Dec 07

Just checked the history but most failed updates are to networking, there is no error message when updating. Not going to perrsue problem but thanks.

Taff™ 07:53 27 Dec 07

When you say networking do you mean software updates for Network adapters? I have one for my HP Laptop that refused to install so like you I`ve ignored it. If there are other one`s post back the knowledge base number starting KB.....

The December "Patch Tuesday" updates had some problems with certain systems so there are solutions available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…