Windows Vista uninstall software

wrg 08:26 28 Mar 07

Hi all

I installed microsoft works 8.5 on my wifes laptop last night as I thought there was something on there she could use. There was not so I tried to uninstall it, after spending ages tryin to find how to uninstall it I went to the relevant programme. Microsoft works was not listed, after further investigation I found out that if software is not compatible with Windows Vista you cannot uninstall it via unintsall programme, it tells you to look at the cd it came with. I did this and could find no reference to uninstall. This CD came with the laptop, how stupid is supplying software that is not compatible only not to be able to uninstall it. Has anyone got any ideas how I can get it off.

Thanks

Technotiger 08:33 28 Mar 07

Hi, I am not so familiar with laptops, but I believe there is a way to return the laptop settings to the factory defaults - perhaps that is a line you could explore, maybe on the CD or on a partition on the laptop? Or Ctrl/F11 on some laptops. Or perhaps a System Restore back a couple of days.

anskyber 09:12 28 Mar 07

Look in start and all programs. Sometimes there is an uninstaller there.

Batch 09:23 28 Mar 07

Following anskyber's reply. You may find an uninstall option in the section of the menus that Works has been installed in.

1832bchs 11:29 28 Mar 07

Put the Works disc back in drive, you should get the options to add items you may not have installed, to repair the installation, or to uninstall it.

oldbeefer2 12:09 28 Mar 07

Or try running CCleaner, which has an uninstall utility?

wrg 13:52 28 Mar 07

1832bchs

I did put the disk in to try and uninstall and would not let me, came up with a message about incompatible OS and sorry to say lost patience took the disk out hurled it accross the room and it broke (I'm not highly strung honest), I was absolutley peed off as this disk was supplied with the laptop.

Will CCleaner work with Vista?

rawprawn 13:57 28 Mar 07

CCleaner works fine with Vista.

rawprawn 14:00 28 Mar 07

And MS Works show in CCleaner in Tools/Uninstall. If it doesn't show in yours just scan for issues and fix them then forget it.

harry12 15:02 28 Mar 07

I have just installed Microsoft Works8.5 on my PC running Vista Premium with no problems. It is compatible with Vista.

wrg 16:18 28 Mar 07

harry12

Thanks for your response, I dont think I have a problem with the compatability as it works (pardon the pun) ok, its just that when I tried to uninstall it I can't through the normal procedure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009