Windows Vista Premium logon problem

cowgirl66 20:45 17 Sep 09

Hi, my friend on whose behalf I am writing, cannot logon to his computer. Today he changed his password for his user (administrator) account; now it won't work and he is locked out of Windows Vista. When his password hasa been refused after the first attempt, he is asked if he wants to use the password reset wizard. But to do this he is told he needs to have made a pasword reset disk.

Is there any way he can solve this problem? He really doesn't want to have to reinstall Vista all over again.

Regards cowgirl66

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:54 17 Sep 09
  night 09:59 18 Sep 09

Thanks Fruit Bat, I am the user concerned in this posting and the problem is now sorted. I was trying a wrong password when in fact I had set a different one up which I remembered by chance! I will now do a backup I think!

Many thanks for the link, I am keeping it in Favourites.

Tiger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…