windows vista on logical partition within extended

Stephanie 13:18 30 Mar 09

Having messed up my hard drive boot sector trying to dual boot vista and linux, I managed to restore my vista partition using an image I had created with Acronis True Image 10.
Thank goodness it worked, but when I checked in Disk Management, my c: drive is now a logical partition in an extended partition.

Vista is booting ok and everything seems to be working but all the info I can find says that what I am doing is impossible - that I cannot boot from a logical drive.

Should I just ignore it or is there something I can do to make the c: partition primary?

I don't have and installation cd for vista. I do have a recovery partition, but seem to be unable to access it!

MAJ 13:35 30 Mar 09

Go to Start > Run (or hold down the Windows key and press R) and type in:

diskmgmt.msc

and press OK. Take a screenshot of that page and post a picture of it here.

Stephanie 14:11 30 Mar 09

I have got a screenshot. How do I post it?

As an update to my original post, I can now access my recovery partition and could restore to factory condition. Would this restore my c:drive as primary?
There was originally only on partition on my hd apart from recovery.

MAJ 15:10 30 Mar 09

"I have got a screenshot. How do I post it?"

Upload it to Imageshack, click here that will give you a link to the picture, post that link in your next post.

Let's see what that shows, before doing anything else.

Stephanie 15:45 30 Mar 09

Try this [URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

Stephanie 15:48 30 Mar 09

Disc 1 is the boot disc.

Stephanie 14:41 31 Mar 09

Checking around various forums and tech sites, it seems that vista CAN run from a logical partition as mine obviously does! I think I shall leave well alone for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos