Windows Vista IE problems

NarcosisBoy 17:19 09 Apr 08

Hi folks

My father got a new pc the other day - a dell with a 19inch screen and its fine except everything is 'big' The desktop icons are massive and when I open up IE or Firefox even with the 19 inch screen the webpage doesn't 'fit' - you have to scroll sideways to see everything. I have tried CTRL - Scroll wheel but that only changes the size of the font and not of the layout - so basically it ends up with small print in massive boxes etc. This is the first time I have used Vista and was wondering if anyone could help me.

Very much appreciated
Graeme

mrwoowoo 18:33 09 Apr 08

Not sure how much you know about pc's,so bear with me.
Right click on a space on your desktop and choose personalize.Then click on display settings and move the resolution slider all the way to the right.
If things are too small,you can work it back a bit until it's to your liking.
A 19inch monitor works best with the resolution at 1440 x 900.

anskyber 18:36 09 Apr 08

1280x1024 is the setting for a standard ratio screen or as mrwoowoo says for a widescreen monitor.

NarcosisBoy 21:15 10 Apr 08

Got this sorted folks thank you very much

Graeme

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…