Windows Vista

fedex1969 02 Apr 12

How can I check if I have a genuine Windows Vista OS installed on my PC? Thanks in advance.

KRONOS the First 02 Apr 12

To know whether you have genuine winows copy run this command in run dialog "oobe/msoobe /a" without quotes. If you get a dialog box saying that "Thanks for using our product" then you have a genuine copy of windows. If the dialog ask you to activate the product then you own a pirated copy of windows.

OR.

Vista has the genuine advantage tool already running......if you go to the properties (either right click my computer then properties or control panel then system) at the bottom portion it'll tell you what the status is of your system.....either activated or not......if activated your legit, if not you may not be.

fedex1969 02 Apr 12

Thanks for your help. It IS a genuine version. Now I can upgrade to windows 7 easier.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message