Windows vista 32 bit security centre

anniesboy68 15:07 20 Mar 10

For the last month or so I keep having the security centre advising me that all is not well security wise [when all IS well, and all greens showing] OR shows a problem regarding automatic updating. When I attempt to put that right I'm told it cannot be done and to do it manually. Upon attempting the manual change I get the red box saying it cannot be done. Any ideas, folks, please?

Pineman100 17:12 20 Mar 10

Assuming that everything was working fine previously, I would try a System Restore back to a date/time before the problem started.

Sea Urchin 17:35 20 Mar 10

Are you sure it is your genuine Security Center? There are an increasing number of rogue "Windows Security Center" programs mimicking the real thing.

See here "Attack of the Rogues"

click here

anniesboy68 18:59 20 Mar 10

Thanks. Pineman.....have done that several times but it always comes back....Its no real problem, just a nuisance......Sea urchin....thanks for the site re Attack of the Rogues...will look into it later. AB68

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…