windows vista

jaygice 13:02 12 Jul 07

hi just got new pc with vista home premium its starting up and shutting down ok but when i open a file say control panel i canrnt close it and just hangs there same with any other file i open can anyone help cheers

robbiepaul79 13:04 12 Jul 07

If i was you i would be taking said PC back to where you got it, not attempting to correct things which just shouldnt happen with new items.

jaygice 13:17 12 Jul 07

does anyone else think tha same only got it yesturday

anskyber 13:30 12 Jul 07

Yes I do. However...

Have you added anything like extra programs which could cause the slow up? If you have were they checked for Vista compatibility?

jaygice 13:38 12 Jul 07

the only thing i did was windows update and the norton that was on the system anyway for 90 day trial oh and adobe updated itself that was on the system as well iv not but anything on it .

anskyber 13:41 12 Jul 07

Yes then take it back.

jaygice 13:48 12 Jul 07

right ill take it back cheers

jaygice 16:11 14 Jul 07

hi took it back got them to change it but this one did same thing lastnight so i boxed it up to take today b4 i did i tryed it again and its working fine till tha next time could all this be vista any ideas anyone cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…