Windows VIEW problem

Novis 12:15 07 Sep 05

Although I've set View to open with a List of files, invariably it resets as ikons when I close the Window at shut down. How can I have my windows display lists instead of ikons?

I also have a problem that my Windows, particularly in MS Word Office 2003, do not open maximised.

What's the solution?

Many thanks.

Yoda Knight 12:19 07 Sep 05

In Windows Explorer get the settings as you want them. Click on Tools, Folder Options, View, and choose to set all folders the same.

Novis 13:15 07 Sep 05

No offense - but I dont know what this means - and if I did, I wouldn't know what to set the settings to. Perhaops someone could be more specific. I'm only a novice.

Novis 13:18 07 Sep 05

Sorry - I was a bit slow, thinking this was a response to a differetn qeustion I posted today. I've changed settings in Explorer - hope this works. Thanks.

Skills 13:30 07 Sep 05

As for programs opening in minimised windows. If you open up word or whatever program and then maximise it. Now close down by using file | exit and then next time you open the program it should have remembered the setting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…