Windows Vienna

henry2 11:41 06 Nov 10

Hi Guys,
I have got this 'windows vienna' i want to install and use on my desktop.But before i do that i want to know if it is legit and ok to use?
My second question is.I have a dell monitor with a usb slot.When i slot in a flash drive it does not work until i attach a printer cable from the monitor to the system unit.Should the printer cable be always on before my flash drives work or something can be done.
Thanx a lot.

birdface 12:00 06 Nov 10

Windows Vienna not sure what it is.
I know that windows7 was supposed to be called Windows Vienna but it is a new one on me.

RGB76 12:52 06 Nov 10

I have two usb slots on my monitor, and need to have a usb cable attached from the monitor to the system to complete the connection. Not a Printer Cable.

Windows Vienna, I have no idea what that is.

Russell

gengiscant 12:54 06 Nov 10
  Ian in Northampton 12:55 06 Nov 10

Windows Vienna was the codename for Windows 7 (and before that it was Black Comb or something). As such, I'd be surprised if it was a) legitimate, and b) bug-free.

bremner 13:14 06 Nov 10

I think henry2 description of the cable is that it is a USB cable like a printer USB cable ie USB A-B click here

And yes you do have to have it connected for the USB's to work on the monitor

RGB76 13:30 06 Nov 10

Thanks Bremner, You have explained it a lot better than I did, I should have thought about it before replying to the thread.
Sorry henry2 if my reply came acrossed wrong.

Russell

henry2 15:38 06 Nov 10

Thanx bremner i think u are the one who has understood me with the cable .i think am ok .
Thanx all of you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced