Windows very slow to start.

Si258 16:43 18 Jun 04

Windows seems to take longer and longer to load up. Is there a freeware or shareware prog that I can get to clean up my startup process? In MSConfig - startup I have loads of entries that I haven't a clue what they are. Also, in MSConfig - startup,I have lots of unchecked entries for programmes that no longer exist on my system. How do I get rid of those?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:06 18 Jun 04

You don't say what OP sys your using click here eplains which services are required and how to configure for faster boot

Use a drive cleaner to get rid of all the junk files first Drive cleaners :-
Space Odyssey click here
G-Lock Temp Cleaner 2.0 click here

Spyware can also slow you down try adaware and spybot
Anti Spyware :-
Spywareblaster click here
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here

farmboy 17:55 18 Jun 04

Can someone tell me what adaware and spybot are up to. My spybot has been installed for about 4 months and never requires updating, am i right in saying therefore that spybot only discovers old spyware and not new.

Adaware updates nearly every 2 or 3 days, but has failed to find spyware on my computer, that my spysweeper program HAS found. I downloaded spysweeper free to try program updated the definitions and it found 5 running spyware programs in the background of my computer and 180 traces. I have now cleaned them off even though adaware told me that my system was clean.

I recommend everybody to download the free program spysweeper at webroot site, you will be surprised at what it will find.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…