Windows Validation Failure Notice

Throbber 13:29 20 Aug 06

This morning when I powered up, a blue star appeared in my system tray, and a warning "This copy of Windows may not be valid." I have been using this copy of windows for years, and have often run validation checks. Is this message likely to be genuine and from microsoft, or a spoof, or worse?

rodriguez 13:35 20 Aug 06

If you've used the validation check online before and it passed, then your copy is probably just one of the 1 in 5 genuine copies that this flawed piece of software incorrectly identifies as fake. There is a way you can remove it though I think, click here and see if this helps.

Diversion 13:38 20 Aug 06

I think so, I had to re-validate mine a few weeks ago. It explained that my version of Windows had so many programs added to it, I had to go through the same proceedure. It even asked me to enter my product key which I did and all was well, nothing to worry about really.

Regards D

Stuartli 13:41 20 Aug 06

Simple disable tool:

click here

Throbber 15:02 20 Aug 06

Thanks to all. Before I had got round to doing anything about it, an automatic update installed from microsoft - an update to the validation tool! After re-start, the problem seems to have gone away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…