windows user mode driver framework

phono 02:37 16 Jun 05

Anybody know why when starting Windows XP home I get the message "new hardware found, windows user mode driver framework", even when connected to the Internet I cannot get a suitable driver.

I am also sure it is not new hardware as none has been installed, this only started after loading updates to SP2.

phono 20:35 16 Jun 05

No helpers then?

hugh-265156 01:32 17 Jun 05

i am not sure sorry. have you installed any new hardware or software lately and can you remember when this started to happen please?

try this maybe.

use system restore to go back to a time you knew all was well.

try clicking on 'start/control panel/system/hardware/device manager' and see if there are any listings here with a question mark or exclamation mark beside them, if so what are they please?

i would try right clicking each one and remove them and then restart the computer and re install the drivers for each device if need be.

phono 17:34 17 Jun 05

It happened after installing some windows updates, the only device with a question mark is "windows user mode driver framework", I tried deleting it and it just returns at the next reboot looking for drivers to install.

I suppose I could always tick the checkbox to stop windows requesting to load drivers for it as it does not make any difference to the running of the computer.

hugh-265156 23:29 17 Jun 05

try this click here

phono 20:59 19 Jun 05

Just trying it now.

phono 21:21 19 Jun 05

That seems to have done the trick, many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…