Windows User Accounts - Administrator has vanished

Tinkey Winkey 11:03 16 Nov 06

Hi,

I have spent a looong time setting up the default Administrator Acount in windows after a new installation of XP Pro.

I had the taskbar & desktop icons etc all how I wanted.

The only thing that was wrong was the name in the Start menu.
I wanted to change it from Administrator to my name, so I went to user accounts and Created a new account in my name and got a the default desktop setup.

When I tried to go back to the Administrator Account it is not listed to log onto any more?
Can I get back into it?

And if I can is it possible tochange the name of the Administrator account please?

Really hacked off!

ventanas 11:40 16 Nov 06

The admin account is hidden by default. If your user account has full admin rights you don't really need to use it. But if you want the option:

If the Welcome Screen is enabled (You have to log on to a user name) press Ctrl-Alt Del twice. You will get the Logon to Windows dialog. Enter Administrator, and then the administrator password.

If you want to add the administrator option to the user names permanently open a command prompt and type

lusrmgr.msc

This will open local users and groups. Double click the Administartors group and remove all accounts EXCEPT the Administrator.

Open either Users or Power Users groups and add back each of the users you removed.

Done.

You cannot change the administrator name.

Tinkey Winkey 19:44 16 Nov 06

Thanks ventanas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…