windows upgrade ME/XP

carryduff 15:35 10 Apr 06

I recently upgraded windows from ME to XP ( sp2)but can't open my old word processor files which are on floppies, any suggestions?

Diodorus Siculus 15:46 10 Apr 06

In what format are they written? What word processor?

ade.h 16:09 10 Apr 06

Have you re-installed the word processor? Easily forgotten among all the many things that you have to change/install in a new OS installation. I find it takes a few days of use to get everything as it was.

Diodorus Siculus 08:16 11 Apr 06

[quote]Hi,all I know is that the files are titled WPS files, sorry I can't be more specific but i'm a relative newcomer to the technical side of things.The word processor was pre installed with the ME windows when purchased.[/quote]

It's best to post replies here rather than mailing me - I don't often check that mail box.

Download details: Works 2000 Converter for Word 97/2000 Users
click here

ade.h 14:54 11 Apr 06

In reply to your email to me; please don't email forum members unless they are happy for you to do so. It says that on the message form.

If you have icons for Word, then it is most likely installed, but check in Add or Remove Programs to be sure. Start > All Programs > Set Program Access and Defaults > Change or Remove Programs.

carryduff 08:49 12 Apr 06

Thanks everyone for all your help, the Works 2000 converter did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…