windows updates xp pro sp1

johnnyrocker 20:23 09 Aug 05

having got my updates switched on to automatically receive/notify i was a bit concerned at not hearing of any for a while so i ran a check on ms website and it came up with seven!!!!

any ideas why i did not get told? and has it happened to any one else?

johnny.

mattyc_92 20:28 09 Aug 05

I was going to say "The automatic option is only for High-Priority updates, but I have just checked, and I have 8 High-Priority updates to download.

mattyc_92 20:31 09 Aug 05

By The Way, I am using WinXP Pro + SP2, so it isn't your SP that is the problem.

johnnyrocker 20:32 09 Aug 05

seems to be very interesting prob.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 23:46 09 Aug 05

any further ideas or should i close?

johnny.

johnnyrocker 23:55 09 Aug 05

seven of them? i dont think so

johnny.

DieSse 23:57 09 Aug 05

windows updates xp pro sp1 ???

It's way past time you were on SP2 - you may have trouble getting later updates without it - including the updates to the updating system.

igk 00:12 10 Aug 05

For what its worth I have been testing this out for the last week using 3 pc's with various permutations of settings and M$ servers can be very slow indeed,on one pc it took 8 hours to download SP2!!(I have a good 2mb connection) the M$ icon seems to have a will of its own on another machine and on the other I did a complete reinstall of xp pro and only a few minutes of connection was notified of some 12 items to download,to sum up as long as its set up correctly it does work (but slowly)I'm told that there are more as of today but still waiting for the icon to tell me this...
HTH..

johnnyrocker 09:28 10 Aug 05

well no definitive answer so i shall tick this.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…