Windows Updates wont install

pcdimwit 17:10 PM 14 Oct 11

I have an Acer laptop with Windows vista home edition pack, I have been getting problems with the laptop always having alot of updates to install on shutting down, I have been into control centre and opened the windows update in Security and clicked all the options for automatic updates (at 0300 hours) but I still keep getting the windows "shield" with the update icon on it as soon as I have been logged on for a while, it doesnt seem to be allowing me to have the automatic updates installed, what should I do? I am running Avast anti virus only on this computer, thank PCDMWIT

iscanut2 17:14 PM 14 Oct 11

Are you running Windows Defender ?

QuizMan 17:53 PM 14 Oct 11

Sometimes it is an issue with one of the updates that prevents everything else installing. Have you tried installing each update individually? It does take quite a bit longer, but it has worked for me in the past.

cocteau48 17:55 PM 14 Oct 11

Have you checked your update history to see if the updates have actually successfully installed.

I have had a number of updates over the past few months (on an old XP setup) which keep wanting to install although they downloaded and installed successfully at the time and my update history tells me that they are successfully installed.

I believe that they are successfully installed and I have just hidden them in Microsoft update to stop the reminder popping up.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone