Windows Updates Problem

Hangus 08:13 29 Nov 07

I seem to be having a problem with windows automatic updates. Whwn I turn off my pc it tells me that it is installing updates. Next time i turn it on, no updates are downloaded, yet at shut down it tells me it is installing downloaded updates again. For some reason it does not seem to be able to install the updates downloaded previously. I am on xp service pack 2. Any ideas please?

Hangus 08:17 29 Nov 07

I should have mentioned that no icon appears in the toolbar telling me that any updates have been downloaded, but those downloaded from a previous occasion, which is actually only 1, is failing to install. Every time I turn off the pc though, it tells me that I should click turn off to install important updates.

Hangus 08:31 29 Nov 07

PPS. i have checked the status of my update history and I have discovered that the failed update is Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 and the installation failure code is 0x80070002 if that means anything to anyone. Thanks.

mobileman1953 10:57 29 Nov 07

same thing was happening to me could not fix it so just hid update so it does not remind me anymore

aine 14:01 29 Nov 07

Go to microsoft website and do a search for this problem. there is a download that will clear it , first you must uninstall net framework 1.1, download this patch and then reinstall the up date. I cant tell the number of the fix, I think it is error message 940332. the service down load is kb940332. Hope this helps. Aine

Hangus 07:47 30 Nov 07

When updates are downloaded they must be stored somewhere before they are installed. Where can I find them, and can I delete them before they are installed. I thought I might be able to delete or hide the problem update so it does not lkeep reminding me to install it. Otherwise I just have to keep ignoring it but it is annoying like a child in the back of the car asking if we are there yet!

birdface 08:14 30 Nov 07

You could try this.click here Click on the green tick and press go.Its a while since I used it.But that is what I done.

Graham. 08:39 30 Nov 07

click here

Basically, uninstall .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 then re-install them both.

Hangus 08:57 30 Nov 07

Graham, I do not have 2.0, I only have 1.0 and 1.1.

Graham. 11:32 30 Nov 07

Uninstall both, then download 2.0 and 1.1 from my link.

Hangus 13:04 30 Nov 07

I will try that. Why do I need both though? I am not even sure I need them anyway as when I look on add/remove 1.1 is used rarely and 1.0 never.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac