Windows Updates Problem

bluto1 23:07 20 Oct 06

A few weeks ago I installed a new Win XP SP2 on my PC and within 36 hours there were screeds of updates listed in Add/Remove. OK, I thought, it`s bringing my system up to date. Now when I have reason to go into Add/Remove they`re all gone, and what I believe may be a single collective entry is there instead. (Belarc says I`m up to date)
Having said (all) that I`m now not getting any updates. My settings are to download but let me decide when to install. Have I done something wrong in the eyes of M/S? The Windows Update site doesn`t help when it comes up with saying there`s a problem. Can anyone help/reassure me please?

anskyber 23:21 20 Oct 06

Sleep easy. Have in add /remove at the top you have "show updates" checked?

bluto1 23:23 20 Oct 06

yes

anskyber 23:29 20 Oct 06

I cannot be sure here 9although I anm really) but I do realise that Belarc is reliable. If it says you are up to date then you are almost certainly.

rdave13 23:41 20 Oct 06

With anskyber here. If Windows Updates show no updates available then you're updated.

bluto1 12:17 21 Oct 06

Thanks all, I think all I wanted was reassurance, so I`v ticked as resolved. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…