Windows updates - one link for all?

Lú-tzé 08:54 18 Jan 03
  Lú-tzé 08:54 18 Jan 03

I used to have a link to a site which listed all windows critical updates according to OS (and had a direct link to each on the MS site). It was posted in these pages at least once but I cannot find it now.

Would someone be so kind as to post a similar link? I want to download all critical updates and save to CD-r so that I can have them locally rather than have to go via windowsupdate.com .

My thanks, Lú-Tzé

Stuartli 09:31 18 Jan 03

This is the WindowsUpdate page:

click here

Or you might be thinking of BigFix at:

click here

which "gathers" all the latest updates according to your requirements and has links to the downloads.

Lozzy 09:33 18 Jan 03
  Lozzy 09:35 18 Jan 03

The above site covers all critical updates which are stored in Microsoft Tech Net/security

Lú-tzé 09:40 18 Jan 03

Thanks for those links - but there was another, non-MS site.

I will keep this open for a while and see what appears.

I will even try the much-maligned search feature of the forums and see where I get to.

Stuartli 09:41 18 Jan 03

Fully agree re TechNet, but BigFix gathers all outstanding ones at once and explains each update using a short note (Fixlet).

Evesham used to provide BigFix with every system it sold but I don't know if it still does.

Lú-tzé 09:49 18 Jan 03

click here

http:// www. techspot. com/tweaks/updates/index.shtml

this is the one I was thinking of. It is a useful link. I will add it to the links section of the forums if there is a suitable section.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…