Windows updates and hibernate problem

alpalok 03:05 20 Dec 07

Recently when I was scanning the add and remove programs in the control panel, I realise that I have a ton of updates to XP, outlook junk filter etc etc on my system. I have a Toshiba laptop, Intel Pentium M 1.5 Ghz, 1.5 GB RAM, 64 MB VRAM shared and Win XP Pro. I was wondering that in case some day if I will have to formatt my HDD and relaod Win XP and then all these updates, it will take a hell lot of time and broadband consumption. Is there a way by which I can copy all thse updates setup exe files from the C drive and store it for future use, so that if in future I have to load Win XP Pro, I can just run these update exe files and I am done rather than downloading all these again from the windows update site? Also could you give me Mr Julian Moss's email address where he is to be communicated for help if problems are not solved in this forum ?
Sincerelty
Dr Alok Modi MD

dms05 10:20 20 Dec 07

Don't worry too much. Many of the updates are consilidated and if you were to reinstall XP today you wouldn't download all of the updates. I recently reinstalled XP (version about 2 year old) and then downloaded the updates from the Microsoft site. The total Update download (incl IE7) was about 70Mb.

Kemistri 10:31 20 Dec 07

Firstly, who?? Secondly, no, not even if I knew who he is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…