Windows Updates fail to install

Mack1 10:08 AM 25 Feb 13

I run Win 7 Home Premium with IE9.I am informed that there are 13 Windows updates to install but repeatedly get the message that installation has failed with Error Number 80246008. I have researched this error and downloaded a program called Error End.However,running this program reveals several hundred errors which I do not believe so uninstalled it. I would appreciate any help available to solve this very frustrating problem.

johndrew 10:28 AM 25 Feb 13

This is the first time I've heard of Error End but a quick search reveals it to be a poor piece of software so I suggest you don't buy it and dump it.

In an attempt to fix your problem, I suggest you read this link and follow the advice given.

If you still have problems post back and we'll try to help further.

terryr48 10:49 AM 09 Mar 13

I found the same problem with some updates, but you can just write the KB number down put it in google search and it will take you to microsoft web and you can manually download and install from there

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites