Windows updates every time I shutdown

1jimbo 21:16 04 Nov 06

For some reason Windows wants to install 1 of 1 update update every time I shut down. I changed the update settings to notify me rather than automatic and when I next rebooted I got the update balloon for a security update for Microsoft. net framework. Even after I updated this when I next shut down Windows tries to update 1 of 1 again. Can anyone help?

johnnyrocker 23:53 04 Nov 06

same happens here from time to time nowt to worry about.

johnny.

1jimbo 12:47 05 Nov 06

This is not happenning from time to time, it's every time. Even if I disable automatic updates. I can shutdown and reboot 10 times in 30 minutes and every time the update shield appears on the shutdown icon to update this one of one update. This is now been going on for a couple of weeks and is getting beyond a joke. Up until the problem first started automatic updates have been working normally, ie maybe once a day at most.

Technotiger 12:58 05 Nov 06

Hi, run RegScrub, this may fix it ...

click here

Cheers.

phil46 13:12 05 Nov 06

I to have an update that keeps showing up says it has installed then when i log on the update will re-appear to be downloaded yet again in the end i clicked on the option on the update to ignor it it will not appear again.

1jimbo 14:17 05 Nov 06

Hi Technotiger, I tried RegScrub but problem still persists. Thanks for the suggestion.

VoG II 14:18 05 Nov 06

Do you know the number of the update that it keeps wanting to install?

1jimbo 14:22 05 Nov 06

Hi phil46. Thanks for the info. There are only two buttons I can press on the update, Download or cancel. I tried cancel on the update, but this does not close it, it just stays on the taskbar. Where did you access the ignore button?

1jimbo 17:16 05 Nov 06

Hi VoG. The update just says it's a security update for Microsoft.NET Framework, Version 2.0(KB922770). I tried the link to Microsoft Knowledgebase, but could not find anything to sort out the problem. It seems like the download doesn't install for some reason.

VoG II 17:19 05 Nov 06

Try this click here

1jimbo 17:51 05 Nov 06

VoG, You're a genius, problem solved. Thanks very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…