Windows updates. Date of installation?

Cybermaxx 14:31 10 Apr 05

A game I've installed several times now refuses to install at all. I strongly suspect that the cause is one or more of the Windows updates that I've installed in recent months. I'm not the only one having this problem (the game is called Red Alert 2 by the way).

I would like to try uninstalling the last batch of Windows updates and having another go at installing the game, but the updates don't seem to be dated in any way. How do I find out the installation date.

If I can't find this info. I may yet uninstall the lot of them.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:39 10 Apr 05

Have all the latest updates and Red alert 2 works OK

(I just can't get Yuri's revenge to work on my new computer)

So doubt if its an update causing the problem.

DAtes look in c:\windows there will be alot of files starting with $ these are formed when the updates are installed and allow the system to be reset if the update is removed from add/remove programs in the control panel.

colberly 14:40 10 Apr 05

Go into the windows update site, scan for updates when you have done that (don't install any)click on installation history this will give you a list of all uopdates and the date.

Cybermaxx 14:43 10 Apr 05

Fruit Bat. When did you install Red Alert 2? has it been on your hard drive for a few months?

Lokit 14:53 10 Apr 05

XP?

Control Panel/Check "Show Updates"

They will then be listed under Hotfix number and date installed.

Lokit 14:55 10 Apr 05

Sorry :

Control Panel/Add Remove Programs/Show Updates.

Cybermaxx 15:29 10 Apr 05

Thanks Lokit. That would ahve done it. Unfortunately, I have just installed Service Pack 2. Red Alert 2 still doesn't want to install though. What would happen if I uninstalled Service Pack 2?

Cybermaxx 16:34 10 Apr 05

Hehe, I uninstalled SP2, and now the Show Updates option isn't even there any more!

I'm back where I started, with a non-installing game and the same long list of Windows updates. Why won't it install? I know that if I restored my PC to it's factory settings the game would install. There has to be something stopping it!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:47 10 Apr 05

installed before updating to Sp2 on old computer.

have installed on new computer last week

tried installing Yuri several times get "gamemd cause an error"

but RA2 working fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…