Windows updates changes home page

clipbridge 12:18 21 Apr 09

I have installed updates KB 960803,952004,905866,890830,956572,959426 and 963027.When I next tried to get on the internet I was directed to a site for Evesham (my system provider).The site would not allow me to access any other site. I did a system restore to get rid of the updates and I was then able to access my original homepage. As some of these updates are security updates I would like to install them. Has anyone any idea which update causes the problem. Can I justgo into IE and delete the Evesham address and type in my original home page address or is there some more sinister reason for the fault please.Ironic that MS seem to mess up your system and then attempt to charge to put it right.

JP

mooly 12:29 21 Apr 09

I installed these a week ago, no problems at all. There won't be anything sinister going on, but things like that are annoying, and I have had weird things happen in the past on a couple of occasions, so I can believe it has happened to you. Different PC's are effected differently, I guess there are just so many possible configurations of "everything" that these things happen.
I would reinstall the lot (you can do them one at a time if you wish) and just reset your home page settings back and forget it.

clipbridge 14:17 21 Apr 09

Mooly

Thanks for the reply and reassurance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…