Windows Updates on CD

Diodorus Siculus 11:33 06 Mar 04

I have not seen this flagged up for a while, so here goes for the weekenders.

If anyone wants to get the windows updates on a CD from Microsoft, they can be ordered free of charge from click here

You will need a MS passport (Hotmail address basically).

Diodorus Siculus 11:37 06 Mar 04

click here

Posted twice in error. Kill!

Mike2002 11:46 06 Mar 04

A good idea. I assume they're not giving them away for free. But what I hate (in this particular instance) is that you first have to go through the Passport Registration process before you know how much the CD costs.

Zak 11:52 06 Mar 04

Mike,

It is free, including p&p! I have ordered mine a week or so ago.

struggle8 12:26 06 Mar 04

why dont you just download them from microsoft through the save to option then burn to disc then you can update disc at an time cdrw i mean

Big Elf 12:27 06 Mar 04

Thanks. Just ordered it.

Big Elf 12:30 06 Mar 04

Some of the updates have to be applied in a certain order as prerequisites for other patches and the MS update numbering system isn't consistent.

Diodorus Siculus 12:51 06 Mar 04

struggle8 - people on dialup who have never downloaded any will be put off by the huge number which are necessary.

The CD contains all updates to 15 October 03.

sgtdibble 13:26 06 Mar 04

Thank Diodorus Siculus I have been trying for this CD for ages as I am on dial-up Tom>>>

Zak 19:06 19 Mar 04

Nicely packaged. Two CDs one with 1 year free trial of EZ Armor - AV and Firewall and the other the Microsoft Windows Security Update CD February 2004.

Thanks Microsoft.

Tim1964 19:48 19 Mar 04

Got mine yesterday (Thursday)

That'll be handy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…