Windows Updates

Dickptwo 21 Jul 12

WINDOWS7 IS UPDATING EVERY DAY.

Nontek 21 Jul 12

So? Quite normal.

rdave13 21 Jul 12

What updates are showing? Is it trying to update the same ones?

KRONOS the First 21 Jul 12

Not for me it isn't, if it is updating every day then it looks likely that an update is not installing. You will need to have a look and see what what Windows is trying to update.

Clapton is God 21 Jul 12

Nontek *"So? Quite normal".

Rubbish. Looks like you may have a problem as well if you're updating every day.

Nontek 21 Jul 12

Well OK, I accept that I might be wrong, but I have checked my Update History, all have updated successfully and though some have similar numbers, they are not all the same update. Not strictly updated on a daily basis, but can happen several times in one day, and at least every other day, if not daily.

Running Win7(64Bit) on a four month old laptop. No problems anywhere, all running great!

Nontek 21 Jul 12

My apologies to Dickptwo if I have missled you, and if that is the case, then can one of the other members above, please come up with a solution?

KRONOS the First 21 Jul 12

Nontek

Actually it might be me that owes you an apology as I have just looked at my history and if you have your PC set up to install all updates automatically then it might well be a daily occurrence particularly if you run Microsoft Security essentials.

Which for some reason known only to Microsoft, MSE does not update its virus database automatically.

Nontek 21 Jul 12

Chronus

Yes, mine is set to update automatically, and I do use MSE!

Cheers.

rdave13 21 Jul 12

Dickptwo do you use MSE and Defender? That might be the answer.

Personally I think both are not very good but that is my humble opinion.

Dickptwo 21 Jul 12

I AM USING WSE BUT DEFENDER IS NOT RUNNING.THE UPDATES ARE CONNECTED WITH MICROSOFT .NET4

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message