Windows Updates

Dickptwo 14:21 PM 21 Jul 12

WINDOWS7 IS UPDATING EVERY DAY.

Nontek 14:30 PM 21 Jul 12

So? Quite normal.

rdave13 15:25 PM 21 Jul 12

What updates are showing? Is it trying to update the same ones?

KRONOS the First 15:27 PM 21 Jul 12

Not for me it isn't, if it is updating every day then it looks likely that an update is not installing. You will need to have a look and see what what Windows is trying to update.

Clapton is God 15:30 PM 21 Jul 12

Nontek *"So? Quite normal".

Rubbish. Looks like you may have a problem as well if you're updating every day.

Nontek 16:16 PM 21 Jul 12

Well OK, I accept that I might be wrong, but I have checked my Update History, all have updated successfully and though some have similar numbers, they are not all the same update. Not strictly updated on a daily basis, but can happen several times in one day, and at least every other day, if not daily.

Running Win7(64Bit) on a four month old laptop. No problems anywhere, all running great!

Nontek 16:22 PM 21 Jul 12

My apologies to Dickptwo if I have missled you, and if that is the case, then can one of the other members above, please come up with a solution?

KRONOS the First 16:36 PM 21 Jul 12

Nontek

Actually it might be me that owes you an apology as I have just looked at my history and if you have your PC set up to install all updates automatically then it might well be a daily occurrence particularly if you run Microsoft Security essentials.

Which for some reason known only to Microsoft, MSE does not update its virus database automatically.

Nontek 16:41 PM 21 Jul 12

Chronus

Yes, mine is set to update automatically, and I do use MSE!

Cheers.

rdave13 16:49 PM 21 Jul 12

Dickptwo do you use MSE and Defender? That might be the answer.

Personally I think both are not very good but that is my humble opinion.

Dickptwo 18:17 PM 21 Jul 12

I AM USING WSE BUT DEFENDER IS NOT RUNNING.THE UPDATES ARE CONNECTED WITH MICROSOFT .NET4

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites