Windows Updates

Scubaman 03 Apr 12
Answered

I have just spent 2 days trying to fix a relatives' Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop that would just not boot or repair itself. I ended up doing a clean install after removing the HDD and connecting it to my Easy IDE connector with a SATA attachment Well, after downloading and installing over 100 updates I get a mesage saying that windows is up to date, yet when I run Belarc advisor it informs me that I am missing 2 security updates. Should I ignore Belarc Advisor or contact microsoft? Any help much appreciated.

buteman 03 Apr 12
Answer

I would ignore it just in case it knackers the computer and you have to start again.

iscanut2 04 Apr 12

If when running Microsoft Updates it advises you that there are no more updates available, do as Buteman says, ignore Belarc.

northumbria61 04 Apr 12

I agree - Belarc doesn't always give the correct information about your system.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message