Windows updates?

fifemale93 08:48 18 Nov 06

Is anyone getting a lot of Windows Updates starting in the last few days? My McAfee anti virus ran out the other day and not had the chance to get the new version, not anything to do with that is it?

anskyber 08:51 18 Nov 06

There have been about 7 since Tuesday.

mymate 08:51 18 Nov 06

I just got a load of updates this morning,and all installed now .

anskyber 08:52 18 Nov 06

8 if you count IE7

g0slp 09:06 18 Nov 06

There shouldn't be a connection between the Windows Updates & McAfee.

As others have already said, there have been several updates this week; mine completed yesterday.

birdface 09:13 18 Nov 06

You can download them from here, One at a time, IE7 first if you can.click here Mind turn your anti-virus + firewall of first.

fifemale93 09:33 18 Nov 06

didnt think it would be linked to the anti virus but just thought would check to see if anyone else was getting the same amount of updates. not got IE7 yet, it any better to use than IE6? know a few people that have nothing but problems with it so staying away from it the now

birdface 09:42 18 Nov 06

Thats what most of the up-dates are for,You may be wise staying on IE6 as there are a few problems , But if you do it properly it cuts down the risk,If you do think about downloading it, Turn of your Anti-Virus + Firewall Up date any extra toolbars that you may have downloaded, And start with the IE7 download first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant