windows updates

picklsey 06:26 03 Nov 05

i done a upgrade from xp home to xp pro and i can,t get the 28 high priority updates to download and install all i get is download failed.i have done a sfc /scannow also searched microsoft help to find a solution and i am getting no where.any suggestions please.thanks in advance.

BurrWalnut 07:51 03 Nov 05

Re-registering the following 4 files sometimes works :-

1. Start, Run then

2. Type regsvr32 msscript.ocx in the box and click OK.

3. Repeat number 2 above replacing msscript.ocx for the other 3 files: dispex.dll, vbscript.dll, and scrrun.dll.

Next, make sure file (open) type .JS is properly associated :-
In Control Panel, Folder Options, File Types locate the .JS extension and click Advanced, then Open, Edit and make sure the "Application to perform action" field contains: C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %*

picklsey 08:18 03 Nov 05

been trying your suggestion but when i get to step 3 and try replacing with dispex.dll, i get an open with box i don,t know where to go from here. File Types locate the .JS extension on checking this it says what you have said.thanks for your help so far.

picklsey 05:17 04 Nov 05

got it running tried to do a repair using the disc kept getting couldn,t install this and that file.so i copied the 1386folder to my docs and ran it from there seems to have fixed it.BurrWalnut thanks for trying to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…