Windows updates

NOVICE ENABLED 17:20 03 Feb 05

I recently had to reinstall XP which meant downloading tons of updates. Is it possible to create an updated copy of XP which I can then burn to CD? I now know you can download SP2 from microsoft and burn it to CD, what about other updates? I have my original XP CD with licence number.

SANTOS7 17:26 03 Feb 05

click here this may help........

Jeffers22 17:27 03 Feb 05

You can create a bootable XP cd onto which the SP2 is "slipstreamed". Thus one cd to reinstall XP with eveything up to and including SP". See click here

Later critical updates can also be saved and then burned to CD.

VoG II 17:28 03 Feb 05

click here as well.

Indigo 1 17:37 03 Feb 05

Indeed, Randolf, making your own "prepatched" setup CD is surprisingly easy--- a point and click exercise with only a few geeky parts. Your hybrid install CD will work exactly as the original one did, even to the point of using the same 25-character Product Key, but it will be completely up to date with all patches and updates, up to and including SP2. Any system you set up with the hybrid CD will be pre-patched to current levels, in one step. You'll be totally up to date from the start, rather than facing maybe an hour or more of additional downloads to bring the new installation or reinstallation to SP2 levels.

You only need three things to get started:

1) Your original, legitimate XP setup CD. (Almost any variation of an original setup CD will work: Pro or Home; retail or OEM; full install CD or upgrade CD; etc.).

2) A CD burner, blank CD, and software capable of creating a bootable CD (eg. Nero, Roxio, etc.)

3) About a gigabyte of free space on your hard drive for temporary file storage. (This space can be recovered after you've made your new CD.)

I've posted a fully-illustrated step-by-step guide to producing your own up-to-date installation CD at
click here .
Every critical step is accompanied by a screen shot so you'll know exactly what to expect. I've included live links to the (free) downloads you'll need to create the CD, and also included links to other sites that discuss the same process, so if my method doesn't work for you, for any reason, you can find another that will.

I've already used my own updated installation CD here, and it was very cool to set up a new XP PC and see the process end, in one step, with a complete, up-to-date SP2 setup, with no additional downloads or patches needed.

All copied directly from langa.com

I was having trouble with the link contained in the script (i think it's heavy traffic) it might work better another time,

NOVICE ENABLED 18:16 03 Feb 05

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…