WINDOWS UPDATES

Rabbit's Foot 20:14 16 Feb 04

I've just had a crash where I lost everything.
Thanks to my computer supplier I have restored Windows XP Home. Now I have to download and install 76 updates.
My question is:
Do I download the lot at once or do I do them separatly? Are there any I should not download?
Advice required, please.

VoG II 20:18 16 Feb 04

click here first or you're prone to getting Blaster.

I would then get SP1, then any "cumulative" updates, then see what windowsupdate thinks is still needed.

anon1 20:20 16 Feb 04

windows update will only let you download multiple files if they can be downloaded together. You will not be able to download any that need updating on their own. Before you go off and do it all remeber that most of them are in service pack 1 so if you download that first then go back to windows update it may be easier for you. You should consider "slipstreaming your windows cd click here

JIM 20:25 16 Feb 04

More than likely you will be informed by the downloads/updates via a message how to,or want to procced.

Personally make sure you have installed your antivirus software then enable the firewall,start with the service pack and not do it all in a day or so.

"I" would try and check all is well with my OS running after a download,but we dont always do that :) Do you really need the 76 updates?

JIM 20:27 16 Feb 04

vog/anon1/Rabbit's Foot

posted before looking with some :)

romanab 20:47 16 Feb 04

ms will send sp1 and blaster patch on disk free of charge (don't forget xp firewall)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…