//some 3rd party need geo

windows updates

tanzanite 22:20 13 Aug 03

im just wondering wether its best to check for windows updates manually or is it better to have automatic updates enabled!

rawprawn 22:27 13 Aug 03

I check manually, I find it annoying when my computer does what it wants, rather than what I want. I make sure I do it on a strict weekly basis.

tanzanite 22:40 13 Aug 03

But it is doing what you want just saving you the bother, you can still chose what to have installed i wonder what the majority of people do?I do it manually but with all this virus outbreak wasnt sure wether to enable automatic update or not!

krypt1c 22:45 13 Aug 03

Rather than use windows update try bigfix. click here
As well as advising of avaialable updates any you choose to install are downloaded as files so can be saved if you ever need to re-install your os.

tanzanite 22:45 13 Aug 03

right i shall leave it as it is,its just that all evening i have been trying to update but after it scans and gives me my updates as soon as i click to veiw them i get the cannot find server page.

tanzanite 22:52 13 Aug 03

do you use bigfix? Can you rely on it to give you the latest updates.

krypt1c 23:07 13 Aug 03

Hi tanzanite,
Yep I use it and so far it's done the biz. It notified me of the RCP problem. I'm running W2k and it notified me when the various SP were available. I don't use IE [I use Crazy Browser], but it's currently telling me IE6 is available.

tanzanite 23:58 13 Aug 03

Thanks i shall dload it and give it a try,any problems an il hold you responsible,lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…