Windows updates

aberfeldy 20:21 12 Aug 03

OS Win XP pro. I have the automatic windows update set up and all was fine until the last security update. The files download OK and you are then asked if you want to install, clicking yes takes you thru the normal installation process. However, when finished I am not asked to reboot and when booting the PC up the next day I am being asked to install the same files. Rebooting after installing the files does not fix the problem either.
Can anyone help?

Gaz 25 23:22 12 Aug 03

Could be related with the new worm Blaster it causes problems with Microsofts server.

click here

for information on the blaster virus, a lot seem to have been affected.

Jester2K II 08:46 13 Aug 03

Which update?

Not all updates need reboots.

Also there is one that seems to display this characteristic - can't remember the number right now - of repeatedly installing.

It'll give up eventually..

Jean-Luc Picard 11:24 13 Aug 03

You can also use a key to force install without a reboot in some cases.

iscanut2 13:33 13 Aug 03

I posted a thread re same problem a few weeks back.( Windows XP Update ) Had problem with update 811493 (811943?). See Microsoft Knowledge base article 822798.

blanco 17:46 13 Aug 03

If you are referring to 819696 I have the same problem despite a manual update. The record now shows three 'successful' downloads of this hotfix but still tells me the update is outstanding.

I couldn't find anything on the knowledge base referring to my particular problem so thanks seekit for the link which I shall now try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…