Windows Updater.

COL666 11:28 08 Feb 03

Can anybody please help solve a problem with updater. I successfully install the updates recommended, but if I go back and scan my system again the same updates have reappeared, of course if I try to install again the obivous happens.. not able to install try again.Can I somehow get rid of these annoying reappearing updates.

TOPCAT® 12:55 08 Feb 03

If the updater keeps showing items then it would seem they are not installed.

Try this litle gem, which will list every update 'hotfix' correctly installed and tell you which isn't. It does a whole lot more too. Just click on the asterisks to find where everything is on your computer. TC.

'The Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware and displays the results in your Web browser.'

'All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server.'

click here

rawprawn 13:44 08 Feb 03

I have exactly the same problem, I installed hotfixes 810833 & 329170 in January shown as successful by installation history, but not shown in Belarc. I have tried 5 more times to download & install these patches, the last time I even disabled my firewall but no luck. The problem is like COL666 they are shown each time as downloads to install. Any more ideas ?

Lú-tzé 13:50 08 Feb 03

New version of the Baseline Security Analyzer is now on the Microsoft Website:
click here

and here to download

click here

TOPCAT® 14:01 08 Feb 03

Only for XP and 2000 users I see! :(

Lú-tzé 14:13 08 Feb 03

Apologies - I am on 2k and didn't check for others...

rawprawn 14:59 08 Feb 03

I have downloaded Baseline Anyliser, & it showed both of the patches missing, so I downloaded both through Baseline Anyliser & neither would load. I get this message on both. " Could not verify the integrity on this computer, make sure the cryptographic service is running"
I have no idea what that is can anyone help.

bvw in bristol 15:10 08 Feb 03

Windows Security Update 810833 would repair a flaw that could allow an attacker to gain control over my PC if I were using it as a server.

Security Update 329170 would protect against a flaw that could help internal hackers take control of my corporate network.

These updates appear to be for servers, corporate networks etc, perhaps not for the home user? Just a guess.

COL666 15:18 08 Feb 03

Rawprawn, if you go to help and support on your pc and type in the search box cryptographic services, lots of information comes up.
Hope it helps

rawprawn 15:53 08 Feb 03

Thanks COL666, but it's too deep for me. Unless somebody comes up with a cast iron solution I' just going to ignore those two patches.As bvw in Bristol says it looks as though they are meant for servers.

dth 16:00 08 Feb 03

I had a similiar problems. After 3 failed attempts I downloaded and installed each of the three new updates separatly and it worked OK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…